Category


Historic

Albright-Knox Art Gallery: Shop AK

Albright-Knox Art Gallery: Shop AK

HHL Architects designed the new retail space for the sale of books, prints, and other art related items located in one of the nation’s leading art galleries. Several locations in the building were studied, and a small basement location in the original historic 1905 building of the gallery was selected. The challenge was to double..

The Saturn Club: Restoration & Expansion

The National Register-listed Saturn Club facility, built in 1922, is located at 977 Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, NY. HHL Architects designed this project to include an addition for two new international singles squash courts, and a renovation of the former squash court space into a new state-of-the-art fitness center. Also included were renovations to existing..

The Roycroft Inn Restoration

The Roycroft Inn Restoration

The center of the Arts & Crafts movement in the United States at the start of the 20th century was the Roycroft Campus. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1974, the campus required a complete exterior and interior restoration including all public spaces, the creation of 29 new guest suites, data centers, a training center,..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Kitchen Expansion

Originally designed by noted clubhouse Architect Clifford C. Wendehack in 1927, the Park Country Club of Buffalo exemplifies the English Scholastic Style of architecture. Since the late 1980’s HHL has provided master planning and the design of numerous renovation and building addition projects. The 2005 kitchen expansion project was comprised of a 2,080 square foot..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Interiors Space Plan Study

HHL Architects developed a Clubhouse Interiors Study in 2009 for the Park Country Club, built in 1927 and designed by revered clubhouse architect Clifford C. Wendehack. The magnificent 50,200 square foot structure was designed in the English Scholastic Style with Gothic Tudor influence and its beautiful interior spaces remain virtually unaltered for the past 80+..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: West End Modernization

In the Summer of 2013, the construction of the West End Modernization project at the Park Country Club was completed. This culminated from the Expansion & Renovations Study that HHL prepared in 2011. The project comprised of an addition, and interior renovations to the 1927-built English Scholastic Style Clubhouse. The club’s desire was for increased..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Facilities Condition Study

HHL Architects developed a Facilities Condition Study in 2008 for the Park Country Club, comprised of the 1927-built English Scholastic Style Clubhouse structure, all accessory buildings (pool bathhouse, maintenance facilities, golf course), including vehicle and foot-bridges on the golf course. Designed by acclaimed clubhouse architect Clifford C. Wendehack, the 50,200 square foot Gothic-Tudor inspired clubhouse..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Clubhouse Slate & Masonry Restoration

In 2009, HHL designed the complete restoration of the classic Vermont slate roof of the 1927-built English Scholastic Style Clubhouse, which was completed in phases, beginning in 2009 and continuing through until spring 2011. The heavy, 90-year-old slate shingles remained due to their 150+ year life expectancy. Existing copper roof flashings were replaced, necessitating the..

Henry’s @ Kleinhans Music Hall

HHL Architects designed this multi-function venue which expands the design vocabulary established by Eliel and Eero Saarinen with Charles Eames in 1940. Located in the lower level of National Historic Landmark; Kleinhans Music Hall, this flexible space provides a 125-seat capacity for fine dining, private parties, seminars or meetings, and is supported by a full-service..

The Buffalo Club Renovations & Expansion

The historic Buffalo Club, located at 388 Delaware Avenue, completed construction for a three-story addition, a two story ‘infill’ addition, and interior renovations and restoration of the 1898 natatorium, designed originally by E.B. Green. The three-story addition includes a Spa/Wellness Center, children’s and women’s locker rooms, guest sleeping rooms and an international doubles hardball squash..