Category


Hospitality

The Saturn Club: Roof & Masonry Restoration

The Saturn Club: Roof & Masonry Restoration

HHL designed the complete restoration of the Vermont slate roofs and flat roofs of the Saturn Club, a private member-only club in downtown Buffalo, NY. The facility is listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the US National Park Service and is a contributing property in Buffalo’s Linwood Historic District. Designed by renowned..

Vito’s Market

HHL Architects designed this “NY Deli” style restaurant for Delaware North Companies at the ground level of their former World Headquarters. Except for the local arena and airport, this was the first local restaurant for this Buffalo-based company. The “Vito’s” label is now employed in airports and other facilities they operate across the country. The..

Top of The Falls Restaurant

HHL Architects redesigned this well-known restaurant located in the Niagara Reservation State Park on Goat Island, at the center of Niagara Falls’ precipice. The semi-circular building, originally a souvenir shop and cafeteria, was redesigned for the restaurant operator. The new design provides exterior decks for dining and observation, and creates tiered seating levels, allowing clear..

The Saturn Club: Restoration & Expansion

The National Register-listed Saturn Club facility, built in 1922, is located at 977 Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, NY. HHL Architects designed this project to include an addition for two new international singles squash courts, and a renovation of the former squash court space into a new state-of-the-art fitness center. Also included were renovations to existing..

The Roycroft Inn Restoration

The Roycroft Inn Restoration

The center of the Arts & Crafts movement in the United States at the start of the 20th century was the Roycroft Campus. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1974, the campus required a complete exterior and interior restoration including all public spaces, the creation of 29 new guest suites, data centers, a training center,..

Quaker Bonnet Eatery

HHL Architects transformed a former garage for plumbing supplies, which was a non-contributing building in the historic district of Allentown, into a small restaurant/bakery. This adaptive reuse project utilizes glass as an element to increase the building’s curb appeal. The new building will now have a one hundred eighty-degree presence on Allen Street in Buffalo.

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Kitchen Expansion

Originally designed by noted clubhouse Architect Clifford C. Wendehack in 1927, the Park Country Club of Buffalo exemplifies the English Scholastic Style of architecture. Since the late 1980’s HHL has provided master planning and the design of numerous renovation and building addition projects. The 2005 kitchen expansion project was comprised of a 2,080 square foot..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Interiors Space Plan Study

HHL Architects developed a Clubhouse Interiors Study in 2009 for the Park Country Club, built in 1927 and designed by revered clubhouse architect Clifford C. Wendehack. The magnificent 50,200 square foot structure was designed in the English Scholastic Style with Gothic Tudor influence and its beautiful interior spaces remain virtually unaltered for the past 80+..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: West End Modernization

In the Summer of 2013, the construction of the West End Modernization project at the Park Country Club was completed. This culminated from the Expansion & Renovations Study that HHL prepared in 2011. The project comprised of an addition, and interior renovations to the 1927-built English Scholastic Style Clubhouse. The club’s desire was for increased..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Facilities Condition Study

HHL Architects developed a Facilities Condition Study in 2008 for the Park Country Club, comprised of the 1927-built English Scholastic Style Clubhouse structure, all accessory buildings (pool bathhouse, maintenance facilities, golf course), including vehicle and foot-bridges on the golf course. Designed by acclaimed clubhouse architect Clifford C. Wendehack, the 50,200 square foot Gothic-Tudor inspired clubhouse..