Category


Historic


Belmont Shelter @ 19 Coe Place

Dilapidated and on the verge of demolition, this historic house was landmarked because of its distinct architectural character and the famous military figure who once lived there. This designation delayed demolition long enough for Belmont Shelters to take ownership and to revive the building. Belmont Shelters manages multiple affordable housing properties in the Buffalo area,..

Alfred Village Hall Restoration

Alfred Village Hall Restoration

HHL Architects has designed the first phase restoration of this historic 110 year old former Fireman’s Hall building now used as the Village Hall and Police Station. The first phase work included the replacement of the historically significant metal pressed roof tiles. Also included was the clock tower restoration as well as wood window and..


Corpus Christi Church: North & South Tower Restorations

Corpus Christi Church: North & South Tower Restorations

HHL Architects was engaged to provide design and engineering services for the restoration of this historic church located in Buffalo’s East Side. The cornerstone of the Romanesque Revival church was laid in 1907. Built of Onondaga limestone faced with red Medina sandstone, Corpus Christi was designed by noted Buffalo architects Schmill and Gould. Clock/bell tower..

The Gideon Putnam Hotel: Gift Shop

HHL Architects designed this phase of a comprehensive upgrade plan to the historic Gideon Putnam Hotel and Roosevelt Baths & Spa located in Saratoga Spa State Park, NY. This phase of the project included renovations to the gift shop. The Historic Roosevelt Baths & Spa opened in 1935 as a bathhouse, a part of the Saratoga..

Albright-Knox Art Gallery: Shop AK

HHL Architects designed the new retail space for the sale of books, quality art reproductions, and other art related items located in one of the nation’s leading art galleries. Several locations in the building were studied, and a small basement location in the original historic 1905 portion of the gallery was selected. The challenge was..

The Saturn Club: Restoration & Expansion

The National Register-listed Saturn Club facility, built in 1922, is located at 977 Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, New York. HHL Architects designed this project to include an addition for two new international singles squash courts, and a renovation of the former squash court space into a new state-of-the-art fitness center. Also included were renovations to..

The Roycroft Inn Restoration

The center of the Arts & Crafts movement in the United States for the first third of the 20th century, was the Roycroft Campus which was home to hundreds of America’s finest craftspeople and hosted both the famous and ordinary visitors of the day. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1974, the Inn required a..

The Park Country Club of Buffalo: Kitchen Expansion

Originally designed by noted clubhouse Architect Clifford C. Wendehack in 1927, the Park Club exemplifies the English Scholastic Style of architecture. Since the late 1980’s HHL has provided Clubhouse Master Planning and the design of numerous renovation and building addition projects. The 2005 kitchen expansion project was comprised of a 2,080 sq. ft. addition to..