Category


Cultural/Civic

M&T Bank: Facility Design Guidelines, Southgate Branch

Working with Pentagram Architects, HHL Architects developed a new branch design and produced a Facility Design Guidelines Manual for use across the eight (8) Mid-Atlantic region states M&T Bank serves, with approximately 800 current branch locations. The Design Manual was published in Spring 2010. As part of the scope of services, HHL provided ongoing design..

Center for Inquiry Expansion & Renovation

HHL Architects designed an expansion for this research institution providing additional office, seminar, meeting, and new entry spaces. Flexible seminar spaces were designed to accommodate small, intimate meetings, as well as large assemblies upwards of 400 people. Operable folding panel walls were utilized to create flexible volumes for these meeting spaces. A small stage, lighting,..

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo Offices

This project was a multi-phased interior renovation and expansion of high security consulate offices located on the 30th and 31st floors of a 40-story high rise for the Canadian Consulate. HHL Architects provided architectural/interior design services, and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/protection, and hazardous material engineering via subconsultants. Professional services include space planning, phase planning, construction..

Westminster Presbyterian Church: New West Entrance

Westminster Presbyterian Church is part of a larger complex of buildings which provide many services to the community requiring the facility to operate seven days a week. There are multiple buildings from various time periods which had made the rear parking entrance unclear. The goal of the expansion project was to create an entrance that..

Westminster Presbyterian Church: Space Study & Renovations

HHL Architects studied this historic church property to assess the utilization of space within the sanctuary/parish hall building as well as the detached former carriage house, now used as an Early Childhood School. Three scenarios were tested which created a new entry point as well as possible renovations to improve circulation and accommodate meeting, office..

Temple Beth Zion Master Plan & Renovation

Temple Beth Zion, constructed circa 1966-67, was designed by the New York City firm of Harrison & Abramovitz, while the windows are the work of artist Ben Shahn. The Main Sanctuary building is listed on the National Register for Historic Places and its defining characteristic is the encircling walls composed of ten scalloped panels which..

St. Louis Roman Catholic Church

Located on Main Street, St. Louis is the oldest Catholic parish in the Diocese of Buffalo. Designed by Schikel and Ditmar in 1886-1889, the 245 foot tall steeple includes a 72-foot-tall, pierced spire, reportedly the tallest open-work spire ever built completely of stone without reinforcement. It is reputed to be the only remaining pierced spire..

Sisters of St. Joseph Master Plan & Addition

Sisters of St. Joseph Master Plan & Addition

Located on a 40 acres site along Main Street & Strickler Road, HHL Architects designed a master plan for the campus, followed by the first phase implementation. The plan focused on centralizing public and communal activities, while establishing a clear hierarchy of public, semi-public, and private elements. The first phase involved the renovation of lobby..

Niagara Falls City Hall Façade Restoration

HHL Architects was selected to provide architectural and structural design services for the restoration of the stone masonry façade and monumental entry stair of this National Register Landmark. The causes of degradation of the stone and concrete systems were investigated and identified in a technical report. The project was divided into two phases to accommodate..

Lancaster Presbyterian Church Renovations & Expansion

HHL Architects prepared a Master Plan, designed expanded parking, and then redesigned this 160+ year-old historic sanctuary, doubling the seating capacity to 360. The plan orientation was rotated 180 degrees, (matching the original sanctuary design) and the south wall was removed in order to expand into a new addition, enabling a new balcony. Existing pews,..