HHL Architects was engaged to provide design and engineering services for the restoration of this historic church located in Buffalo’s East Side. The cornerstone of the Romanesque Revival church was laid in 1907. Built of Onondaga limestone faced with red Medina
sandstone, Corpus Christi was designed by noted Buffalo architects Schmill and Gould.
Clock/bell tower masonry restoration and replacement of two copper domes was completed on the twin spires topped by gold crosses that overlook Buffalo’s Central Terminal and Broadway Market.
All work was completed under the auspices of the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation and funded, in part, by the NYS EPF grant program. The project is in compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties.