Category


Residential

Benedict House

HHL Architects designed a conversion of this historic former U.S. Marine Hospital, designed by James Knox Taylor in 1908, into a residence for individuals living with AIDS. The facility includes 24 private rooms, four studio apartments, and common dining and living rooms to provide a variety of residential accommodations. Important architectural features to retain were..

Artspace Patchogue Lofts

HHL Architects, in collaboration with Gary Cannella Associates of Patchogue, NY, designed this mixed-use low-income housing project for local artists and their families. The village of Patchogue pursued Artspace Projects, Inc. to develop a new “destination” mixed-use residential complex as a focal point of the village revitalization effort. Taking historical reference from a local textile..

Roderick Artspace Lofts

The city of El Paso pursued Artspace Projects to develop a new mixed-use residential complex to complement the growing urban arts community. Working with ASA Architects HHL developed a unique and modern industrial design using simple corrugated and perforated metals, along with a golden colored quilt of stucco. Perforated metal screens on the main entry..

Artspace Buffalo Lofts

Artspace Buffalo Lofts

HHL Architects designed this mixed-use low-income housing project for local artists and their families. The developer has constructed many of these around the country, but this was the first Artspace project in New York State. The project involved the adaptive reuse of the historic Buffalo Electric Vehicle Company Building, turning it into 36 loft units,..

Art Collector’s Residence

The site for this residence is located within a clearing that is part of 75 acres of woodland. Thus, the house is at once secluded allowing for an intimate relationship with the woods on the north, east and west, and possessing wonderful views to the south. The residence is anchored with heavy zinc walls, and..

Sisters of St. Joseph Master Plan & Addition

Sisters of St. Joseph Master Plan & Addition

Located on a 40-acre site along Main Street and Strickler Road, HHL Architects designed a master plan for the campus, followed by the first phase of implementation. The plan focused on centralizing public and communal activities, while establishing a clear hierarchy of public, semi-public, and private elements. The first phase involved the renovation of lobby..

Episcopal Church Home

This Master Plan focused on the unification of the complex to coordinate several additions and new structures that were under consideration for construction. The campus, originally established in 1904 in the block bounded by Busti Avenue, Rhode Island Street, Seventh Street, and Massachusetts Avenue, expanded to acquire six existing buildings by 1987. The Master Plan..